2016 Parade of Homes Photos
The Central Ohio BIA Parade of Homes is a showcase of fine living and decorating trends that promise to wow, and this year was truly spectacular. Built on the former site of Shamrock Golf Club in Powell, Ohio, the 2016 edition took place in a community named Verona Village. Custom home builders Romanelli and Hughes, Bob Webb, Memmer Homes and 13 others were represented with prices ranging from $900,000 to $1.3 million.
2016 Parade of Homes design trends:
- White kitchens. Almost without exception, marble counters and white shaker cabinets were the choice du jour.
- Indoor/outdoor living. Bringing the outside in and vice versa was a notable feature, some with full floor to ceiling windows/doors and screens that open with a push of a button.
- Space for man’s best friend. Dog showers or baths near the laundry room were an added convenience.
- Massive Showers. Some were as big as an efficiency apartment in New York City!
- Shabby chic. If you are a fan of Fixer Upper with Chip and Joanna Gaines, you would have loved these houses.
- Combinations of elements. Mixture of light wood and dark metals were omnipresent.
- Barn doors. They are not just for barns any more and this trend has no end in sight.
Enjoy our photos!
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”1″ gal_title=”2016 Parade of Homes”]